United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
On September 25th 2015, the 193-Member United Nations General Assembly adopted a set of goals to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all as part of a new sustainable development agenda. Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years. For the goals to be reached, everyone needs to do their part: governments, the private sector, civil society and people like us.
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts*
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable institutions at all levels
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
Using VR to impact the goals
The objective of this program is to sponsor and support VR content creators ready to use their talents and abilities to strive for a better world. We are specifically looking at funding VR projects which directly support The United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Virtual Reality allows us to explore our world with new perspective. Perhaps your project will break the mold for sustainable development, allowing engineers and project managers to virtually visit job sites around the world. Or maybe your storytelling talent will bring us to the front lines of war zones or inhospitable conditions, inspiring action from viewers. If animal welfare is your passion, maybe you’ll take us beneath the surface to educate us on the threats to oceanic wildlife. Whatever story you are looking to tell, we can’t wait to witness how your content brings the world closer to these collective goals.
We thank you for making our world a better place, and for supporting VR for Impact.
Ready to join us in this quest and develop experiences that can change the world?